29 May 2011

YOU OWE ME MONEY!

Morning all! It's a horrible grey day here in rural Lincolnshire - but then it IS a Bank Holiday weekend, so I shouldn't really be surprised!
Anyway, I found out last weekend that a very close friend of mine has just been diagnosed with inoperable ovarian cancer. She starts chemo on Tuesday to hopefully shrink the tumour so they can at least stop the little bugger spreading any more.
Stunned.
Anyway, her sister and I had a chat and we (along with my lovely Lil G) are going to take part in the Race for Life on the Lincolnshire Showground on 10 July. (For those of you around the world who may not know what this is, it's in aid of the Cancer Research charity and is supported by Tesco supermarket. There are events around the country and it's a women-only event.)
For those of you who know me, you will know that I'm not a runner/walker. I'm a swimmer. I don't do running. If I need to be somewhere faster than walking pace, I take the car. So this is big.
Now, you can probably see where this is going...
My Dad used to ring me up and say "You owe me money" and I'd ask what for? He'd say "For the raffle tickets you're about to buy!"
I am not going to adopt the same tactic, but I am going to ask you if you can spare a few pence to sponsor the three of us.
Here's the link you need:
Race for Life
We've set ourselves a target of £250, so anything you can spare would be much appreciated.
Thank you all and have a great Bank Holiday weekend! xxx

No comments: