31 August 2008
29 August 2008
28 August 2008
I used the trusty X-Cut Shape Cutter doodah for the 'porthole' and a lovely little pin (with guard, before you all shout at me!) stuck through the bow.
Found a sweet verse: "A child to enjoy is a gift from above, to be Christened and cherished and brought up with love", although my personal favourite (but then I do have mental issues!) is "First he's born, grown up and wed, gets a pension, then he's dead". Made me chortle a LOT, but apparently it's not that suitable for a Christening card. TFL xx
25 August 2008
24 August 2008
I spent the day making this for my best girlfriend's 40th next weekend. We met in 6th form and have been firm friends ever since. She's tall, slim, blonde, pretty (hate her) and a language teacher. She and her hubby own a motorbike shop, so the image inside is quite perfect.
23 August 2008
... with this one. Don't usually use this type of paper, but I really like this one. And I had another go and 'edging' the image and papers.
The paper is BasicGrey's Gypsy (I think! I threw away the strip that had that info... duh!), matted onto Bazzill green cardstock.
I stamped the flourish and sentiment and added a couple of pearls for a bit of bling, really.
It's for my niece's 17th birthday next weekend. I think it just about strikes the right tone!
I hope she likes it!! xx
21 August 2008
It's from my very lovely and talented friend Tracey and it's chock full of stamped images and die cuts - yay!!
There's a section for me and a section for Lil G, and how thrilled is she that Tracey sent some just for her???
We love the colours and the flowers. Thank you so much xxxx Oh, and thank you so much for sharing the pics, too, cos my camera is playing up!! x
15 August 2008
Lil G chose the papers and ribbons and helped with the sticking - clever girlie.
I bought a stash of papers the other day, many of them in a sale at my local craft shop - about the only time I shop there cos it's pretty expensive otherwise.
And I got to use my X-Cut Shape Cutter thingies to round all the edges - yay me!
Thank you for the photos, girls, cos I forgot...duh!
14 August 2008
13 August 2008
The rules of this award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you have nominated.
There are so many blogs out there that Lil G and I hop around all the time, it's hard to choose, but at least I get to pick 7 ! Most of the blogs I visit already have this, so, as usual, it's hard to find enough who don't. Lil G and I have put our heads together on this one....
1. To Tracey - for making brilliant cards and being a great mate.
2. To Gina - for being an inspiration in every sense of the word.
3. To Vicky - for not only being a good friend, but also because her altered bags are amazing and she needs a bit of confidence to get out there and promote them!
4. To Auntie Piggy Wiggy - for making Lil G howl with laughter and for making excellent cards. Oh, and for being a fellow top nutter.
5. To Debbie - for always having something interesting to read and amazing to look at.
6. To Janet - for being so flippin talented that she now has her own range of fantastic stamps!
7. To Natalie - for always having something on her blog to make you go "ooooh, that's pretty!"
So that's that. And if we didn't include and you don't already have it, please consider this passed onto you as well - and thanks to you all for your inspiration!
10 August 2008
6 August 2008
5 August 2008
3 August 2008
There were lots of cards about with two grooms, two blue towels, etc, but I wanted something a bit different and I've had these little bow-ties for ages and never had a reason to use them. The paper is from Pink Petticoat and it says lots of things like "Forever", "Gorgeous", etc, which I thought was appropriate. I've used the same paper inside, too, and put a layered panel with the wording in there so it can be written. I hope it's right for the occasion and I really hope they like it!! TFL xx
ANYWAY, to explain the title of this post.... About a week or so before Lil G broke up for summer hols, one of her friends arrived at school sporting a brand new pair of glasses in funky pink plastic and was the centre of attention.
All of a sudden, Lil G starts telling me that she can't see properly, her eyes are playing tricks on her and she probably needs glasses too..... Yeah, right. Of course you do, darling. This went on and on until the end of the term...
...so, being the really mean parent that I am, I called her bluff and made an appointment at the optician's to get her eyes tested.
So off we went last week, Lil G, Mum and me. She wasn't quite so sure about it all when we got there.... ha ha! My plan succeeded!! That'll show you, I thought.
So he went through all the tests with her - and he was brilliant with her - and put eye patches on her, made her watch a clown and tell him what colour his nose was, etc, etc,.... and that's when it all went very wrong.
The joke is very much on me, because it turns out that she needs glasses.....
You could have knocked me out with a feather. Seems she is slightly long-sighted and has astigmatism, just like me.
How stupid do I feel?
How mean do I feel?
She only has to wear them for reading and writing and should outgrow them by the time her eyes are fully developed at age 7. So it's not too bad.
Anyway, she chose purple frames - of course, is there any other colour?! And I mean PURPLE!! frames - she won't lose them, that's for sure!! We pick them up next week.
So, I'm off to report myself to Social Services and crawl back under my rock...... xxx
SOME OF OUR FAVOURITE SITES...
- CANON SCRAPBOOK - for tons of free papers/project/ideas
- GLITTER POT - huge range and super fast delivery
- HANDY HIPPO - really nice folks and fast delivery
- MAD ABOUT CARDS - fab range and decent prices
- PINK PETTICOAT - well just have a look; you'll see!
- RIBBON OASIS - superb range, good prices and freebies!
- WILD ORCHID CRAFTS - excellent service, cheap ribbon and great flowers