11 July 2008

NEARLY THE SCHOOL HOLS - AAARRGGGGHHH!


Can't believe Lil G has already reached the end of her first school year! Doesn't seem five minutes since we were filling up looking at her in her new uniform! Anyway, I've been nagged long enough and we made this for her teachers. She chose the colours and the flower. I hope they like it.

We had her school report and to be honest, things have changed a LOT since I was at school. The report was 3 sheets of utter gobbledygook, to me. What happened to "English - worked well this year, but a bit of a chatterbox"? Oh no, now I get "She uses writing for a variety of reasons, using features of different forms". Really? Answers on a postcard, please, if you have any idea what that means LOL!!

Still, the upshot is that she's working 'above her level' (?) which I think means she's doing alright, so that's fine with us. Well done, baby girl xxxxx

10 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Take it from me as a teacher, it sounds like a great report! Well done Lil G! Fab card too!

Unknown said...

Well done to Lil G and well done you for making such a beautiful card for her teacher. Know what you mean about the reports, I read my grandchildrens yesterday, not like the old days! LOL

Barbaraxx

Han said...

Excellent card and well done on the school report xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ohh, pleeeeezzz.. bring back the three RRRs!!! lol ;o)

Sounds like LilG did really well! Bless her cotton socks! :o)

Heather xx

Julie said...

Very pretty card

~Emma~ said...

Oh bless I bet you are so proud of her! The card is beautiful...could do with some of your mojo at the mo!! Hugs Em.x

Dawny P said...

Well done to Lil G xx And well done to mummsy too for making a fab card xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Debs
You need a degree these days to understand the school report. By the way ,your little girls is gorgeous! The card is lovely too. I havn't been here before, but will definitely be returning, I enjoyed your joyful banter. Very entertaining, like you said we all need to be able to laugh, and smile! You made me do both, so thanks. Hugs Linda x

Vicky said...

ooh, i wish the children at school would give me a card like this...though i think i would cry if they did!!! xx

Tara said...

Lovely card!
My big G is about to go into her second year of High School, it goes way too fast.
Well done to Lil G on a great first year xx